Firefly Horse Co is unique from other traditional horse barns and therapy practices. Our desire is to bring alternative therapeutic modalities and the healing power of horses to the general public. Research shows spending time in the farm environment for therapeutic purposes improves health and well-being. Firefly is located on 24 beautiful acres with a majestic Montana mountain views. Our programs combine healing modalities to create a holistic and nature-based approach. We invite you to visit us and walk lightly, breath deeply, and soak in peace and tranquility.
Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
Improve your life, work through anxiety or depression, and become more self-confident through our equine therapy programs with a team of counselors, led by Julie Kiewatt (LCPC). Open to ages 5 and up. Insurance Accepted.
Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy performed by a Licensed Professional Counselor
- Children (age 4 and above)
- At Risk Youth
- 1st Responders
- Health Care Professionals
Diagnoses & Problems
- Anxiety Disorders; generalized, social, etc.
- Trauma, PTSD, abuse
- Grief and loss
- ADHD / ADD-Impulse control
- Addictions and Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Behavioral Disorders; Oppositional Defiant Disorder, etc
- Relational Disorders; family dynamics/ parenting
- Emotional Response to Medical Conditions or Illnesses
- Autism Spectrum Disorder – sensory concerns
- Adjustment Disorder
- Intellectual, learning and neurological disorders
- Identity and Self; esteem issues, self harm
- Obsessive Disorders and perfectionism
- Mood Disorders; depression, bipolar disorder
- Assessing emotions and intensity
- Regulate emotions and intensity
- Rebalance default intensity
- Learning to play
- Caring for self and others
- Processing trauma–possible without talking
- Develop social skills
- Assertiveness and Self confidence
- Shift codependency to healthy interdependency
- In action learning in a low-pressure environment
- Connects the physical and the emotional
- Building trust
- Allows the body to release trauma responses through movement
- Develop healthy relationships
- Social responsibility
- Problem solving skill
Therapy in the Farm Environment
Does the idea traditional talk therapy in an office setting, make you want to run for the hills? We understand; that’s why we offer therapy sessions in the great outdoors. Walk and talk, observe or interact with farm animals, breath in fresh air and soak in sunshine during your session. shows spending time in the farm environment for therapeutic purposes improves health and well-being. Firefly is located on 24 beautiful acres with majestic Montana mountain views.
Pricing: $175 per 60 minute session.
We accept most major insurances! We’re sorry but we do not accept Medicaid at this time. Tri-Care and United Healthcare participants, although we do not accept your insurance, we are happy to bill them for you for reimbursement of the cost of services.